Let us show you how exciting the real world can be
Corna Kokosing is on the move visiting various college campuses throughout the Midwest looking for the best and brightest individuals interested in a career in the construction industry. We'll be visiting the following schools Fall Semester 2014.
- Ohio Northern University, Fall Career Fair - September 18, 2014
- University of Cincinnati, Technical Career Fair - Sptember 18, 2014
- University of Dayton, Fall Career and Internship Fair - September 22, 2014
- Ohio University, Fall Career and Internship Fair - September 23, 2014
- The Ohio State University, Engineering Diversity Event - September 23, 2014
- The Ohio State University, Engineering Expo - September 24, 2014
- The Ohio State University, Construction Career Expo - October 2, 2014
Internships & Co-Ops
We offer three different types of Internship/Co-Op opportunities Project Engineer, Estimating and Superintendent. Each intern/co-op will leave with a better understanding of the skills, knowledge and requirements for each position.
The overall outcomes are:
- Knowledge of project requirements and processes
- Knowledge of software programs used within Corna Kokosing
- Hands on experience with projects in the field
- Hands on experience with project engineering in the office
- Hands on knowledge of estimating procedures and processes
- Knowledge of the importance of project safety
Project Engineer Rotation
During the course of this rotation, students will provide technical support to the project management team, directly supporting a Corna Kokosing project team member.
Purpose: To expose co-op to the role of a project engineer and to perform some of the tasks associated with that position.
During the course of this rotation, students will assist in the preparation of portions of contract proposal estimates for one or more disciplines, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications.
Purpose: To expose the co-op to the role of an estimator and to have the co-op perform some of the tasks associated with that position.
During the course of this rotation, students will provide technical support to the superintendent and crafts to insure construction work complies with all standards, codes and specifications with close supervision.
Purpose: To expose the co-op to as many construction means and methods while at the same time providing field support to the crews and project superintendent.